Labels

Friday, October 15, 2010

Chicken Tortilla Soup

It's starting to be that time of year when I warm bowl of soup really hits the spot. I tried a new soup last night. Spicy Chicken Tortilla, emphasis on the spicy. I looked at a few recipes and then picked out the things I liked to create my own twist. Here's the recipe:

In a food processor, combine: 3 jalapenos*, 3 cloves garlic, 1/2 yellow onion. Saute the puree in olive oil. Puree 3 large tomatoes (or 1 large can stewed tomatoes) and a can of tomato paste. Add to sauted mixture and continue cooking for 5 mins. Add 6 cups of chicken stock to mixture and simmer for 10 mins. Add 3 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded) to soup mixture. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and paprika. Continue cooking 30 mins.

Serve with fresh cilantro, cheese, and tortilla strips. To make tortilla strips, slice corn tortillas in strips, coat with oil & salt and bake for 10 mins in oven.

*I used 2.5 habaneros and 1 jalapeno, it was a 10 on the spicy level. This recipe might be more conducive to eating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment