Labels

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Potted Garden

It's finally warming up here and I've moved into my new apartment. It has nice afternoon sun on the deck and I'm hoping for a good crop this year. Last year, my most productive plant was the habanero. It produced around 100 tiny (but very flavorful) peppers. This year I'm expanding my selection and trying to produce a salad garden: tomatoes, lettuces, bell peppers and snap peas. I also planted two habanero plants and some rosemary. I read about making a classier version of the topsy turvy tomatoe planter, utilizing a 12" hanging basket, drilling a 2" hole in the bottom for the tomato plant and planting basil and other herbs on the top. I'll post pictures one I get that assembled.

I planted these guys this morning so you are seeing them on Day 1.



Habanero Plants (left)







Peas and salad mix (below)




Rosemary (left)
Bell Peppers (left)

No comments:

Post a Comment